NHBPM Day 17: “My strengths and weaknesses list post.“
I think, personally, that it is a stellar opportunity to present to your readers the “you” that is “You.” Or, uh, the “me” that is “Me.”
Ever wanted to be visible?
I think it also provides a backdrop by which others can, in fact, come to an understanding of what your standards and principles are, too.
I think it also provides you a backdrop by which you can, in fact, understand why some people might just, in fact, not “see” you at all.
Best example EVA’: “My weakness is that I don’t talk about my afflictions, and I really want to.”
[enter crickets chirp, stage left]
And you wonder why you’re facing an “invisible illness”!?!? Not helping it, I can sure-as-shyte tell you that!!
Here are my strengths:
– I raise awareness and advocate for people with chronic afflictions. Damn near daily.
– I am organized to an OCD-type quality.
– I run my household like the well-oiled machine it has come to be… efficient… fun…and evolving.
– I am loyal, smart as hell and dedicated.
– I live virtuously and with honour.
– I LOVE to learn. This helps me across the entire spectrum of my made-for-tv-movie kind’o’life.
– I have finally come to the understanding that the sky is blue, the earth is round, and I need to get off my I’ve-earned-this-ass and start owning my shit.
No one…and I mean NO one…is responsible for my life, my choices and my actions…nor their subsequent successes or failures… but ME.
– Fuzzy socks.
– I still find myself habitually denying myself the option of having a CHOICE…simply for the sake of making a damn CHOICE.
– Sometimes…I just don’t wanna…but I really, really should. I will find every “excuse” to rationalize the decision on something or someone else. I might be lazy, or I might be really afraid of failing at something should I not do whateveritis perfectly and within the recognized and accepted social standards. (True story)
Really, when I can overcome these two weaknesses…I will forever be in the position to OWN IT. The rest of my days.
I relish in the *squee*-ness of the anticipation of such a time.
So I’m going to use my strengths and do whatever is necessary to make that time come to fruition. 🙂
This post was written for Wego Health’s National Blog Post Month, 2012.